Here is what I've been up to for the past month.
- Training, training, and more training. It's easy for time to go by when you're logging 23+ hour training weeks.
- In the hottest, driest summer on record, I find a monsoon to do a long ride in for some reason.
|Sorry for the dirt, bike! Luckily my bright pink kit came clean.|
- Finding Tiki's new passion: swimming.
- Jason finishing first across the line at Lake Stevens 70.3! He actually finished second overall on the day (first in M45-49) as someone from a later wave had a faster time. But how cool for him to have a bike escort on the run!
- A quick traincation trip to Kona with Jason and our dear friend Corinne. It wasn't in the plans, but then a free condo and cheap flights called our names.
|Training partners for the week!|
|We braved a torrential downpour one evening|
to walk to Huggo's On The Rocks. Priorities!
|Sunrise over the volcano heralds a long ride.|
|Halfway through our 180km ride. Still smiling at Hawi!|
|It was sooo hot & humid. Sweat much?|
|We finished our last afternoon with (another) swim on the Ironman|
course, then a nap on the King Kamehameha lawn.
After cramming 19.5 hours of training in 5 days, you get tired!
|Or you get tired and weird...|
- Training, training, and more training!
If August went by in a flash, I'm not sure I'll even notice that September happened.