The race season is over for 2012, and now there's a couple of months until the real training kicks in for the 2013 season. It's an exciting time of year, as it means there's time to do some of those things I have been putting off...
I hate the excuse "I'm too busy" or "I don't have time". Let's face it, we all have the same amount of time in our days, but it's what we choose to spend it on that takes up our time. When someone says "I don't have time for XXXX", it really means they are choosing to do something else with their time (generally something they'd rather be doing). Now that training takes a bit of a backseat for a bit, I have some other things that I am going to be choosing to spend my time on. These include:
- Photo album projects;
- Read some books;
- Organize some long-neglected closets and drawers around the house;
- The local pool has asked Jason and I to run a beginner's tri clinic, and it's super exciting to be able to support new athletes;
- Do some planning for a pilot project a colleague and I are proposing at work for next semester;
- Get back on my mountain bike! My "rad singletrack skillz" are not-so-rad right now, they're really rusty!
- Plan our March vacation to Florida;
- Decorate for the holidays, they're coming up quickly;
- Repaint the bedroom (that's Jason's idea, not mine. We'll see...)
- Shopping, movies, dinners, random kicking it with friends;
- Plan the 2013 race season! I have some ideas for the races I'd like to do, and if anyone has any suggestions - please fire them off my way!