The Wonderful, Wet, Wintery West Coast

My friend Janet just may have a heart attack to hear me utter these words, but today I remembered I actually like winter here on the west wet coast.  (Note to JR - I said "like"... not "love".)  I wouldn't say I was actually dreading the ride we planned with Kris & Michelle for this morning, but waking up to a pretty cold rain was not making Jason & I excited to go outside.  If left to my own devices, I would have been downstairs on the trainer, where it's warm and dry!



However - I have pledged to work on my now-super-rusty technical skills over the winter, and a ride with good friends is the best way to get out the door.  It turned out to be a great ride, and reminded me that I like riding the trails this time of year.  So no excuses for the future!  The four of us were soaked to the bone by the end, and covered in mud (Kris may have taken the award for that), but the smiles and laughter were enough to keep us warm.  Also really helps to jump in the hot tub post ride...

A little muddy but we've ridden in worse.


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a blast....one of these days I'll have to saddle up the old mountain bike and get out in the mud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPEE! It's only a matter of time before you're phoning me up begging to go skiing! Looking forward to some wet muddy rides with you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete