I found a Stages one that was pretty lightly used and a good deal, and I also wanted to change to shorter cranks (from 172.5 to 170mm) so it seemed like a good time to do both. I ordered the cranks once I had the power meter, and they came with a new bottom bracket so that got refreshed at the same time as well.
|Installing the new bottom bracket.|
|Jason at work at his favourite hobby -|
|Installing the left side crank arm.|
|The actual power meter on the inside|
of the left crank arm. Pretty simple.
|Done and ready to be tried out on the trainer.|
Once all the components were installed, I turned on my Garmin (Edge 500). It took a bit of mumbo-jumbo in the settings and handing it over to Jason (my patience for fiddling with electronic devices is not high) to get the power meter to pair with the Garmin. I handled the calibration on my own though, which was basically turn the crank arms so one was straight up and the other straight down, and hit calibrate. Ta da!
|Trying it out. Now to figure out what the numbers|
mean, what I need to know, and what I do with the data.